Sunday, February 21, 2021

decisions, decisions..

 


    The everlasting decision of finally having to choose between doing a film opening based off of the thriller or coming of age genre has finally come. I have been struggling between what genre I wanted to choose for quite some time now, but I have thought of many pros and cons between the two, and been trying to think of what I want to accomplish with my film opening and have finally reached my decision.

    So... drumroll pleasee.... I have chosen to do a coming of age!!

    A coming of age film is something I've always wanted to do, especially as someone in high school who has gone through quite a high school experience, I have felt it is important to show that high school is different for everyone and we all go through different things, yet also showing that we are the same in many aspects and many of us are just aiming for the same goal. Showing the fine line between teenagers being different from each other, but also similar is an important tool for coming of age films, that's why when tasked with having to create a film opening a coming of age sounded very appealing to do.

    I was also heavily considering doing a thriller, which I have often discussed, because of all the fun and exciting aspects of possibly scaring whoever is watching the opening, but through careful consideration I came to the conclusion that making a coming of age film opening would be better for me. With COVID restrictions in mind and production strategies this genre seems like the right choice; not only did I choose this genre because of its practicality of production, but also because I have more ideas for this genre. I wouldn't consider myself a superrr creative person but this genre has jumped out at me and from the beginning I had many ideas on how I wanted to go about filming. Although I don't have any super solid ideas for right now, me and my partner are in the works for figuring out a solid storyline and what we would want to include in the opening.

    I am very, very excited to start this project and get into more depth pertaining to this genre and finding out more about it. I hope you guys enjoying following my journey as I navigate through this coming of age film opening!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stupid, Brave New Film Opening!

 The end of the journey of me creating this film opening has finally come to a close, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating...