Thursday, February 25, 2021

 


        Since I have finally decided on a genre for my opening, coming of age, I think it's important to now focus and do some research on what elements that make these types of film interesting and successful. Many people often leave after watching these film with a nostalgic feeling and I want to ensure that I create that same feeling for my viewers who will view my own film.

    Showing events that occur for someone when their on the brink of adulthood is very vital, to show how it has shaped someone into becoming the person that they are and getting to watch it through a screen is probably what people enjoy most about these type of films. Generally the target audience for these coming of age film range from 12 to 18; people like to watch films that are based off their own lives and like to identify parts of themselves with what they are viewing. This genre is appears more to females that are the typical teenagers, this is because not only do most coming of age films have a stereotypical, cheesy theme; but also because they often have an underlying romance theme or as a subgenre.  It's important that we know the target audience for these types of films because it lets us know what themes and settings to include in our own film opening; such as including a scene of a high school to show someone who is still in school, a vital place/setting for a coming of age film. 

    Since we are only making a film opening we won't be able to include all the elements of a coming of age film and show certain categories, like romance as previously mentioned, but we are trying to come up with ideas that will still tell the story we are trying to tell. For example, we will most likely be showing a school to establish where the character is in their life, this will also be demonstrated through dialogue if that is included.

I still have so many ideas for this project and I look forward to continuing to organize these thoughts for you guys and watch this film transformation through my blog, these post was mainly to show some research and demographics for coming of age films to help me get a better understanding of what it is that I should be aiming towards. Thanks for reading guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stupid, Brave New Film Opening!

 The end of the journey of me creating this film opening has finally come to a close, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating...