Saturday, February 13, 2021

My beginning thought process


Hi!! Welcome to my blog posts that will follow me through my journeys and thought processes as I create and formulate my AICE portfolio. I am very excited to start this next project, I think it will give me much more of a feel of filmmaking and seems incredibly interesting to me. In the past projects I have worked on for this class, I feel that they have given me different knowledge which I can put all together to perform very well on this. This will differ from my past projects because not only will it incorporate all of their elements, but also because it will be one of my first projects I am working alone on.

I’m not exactly sure which genre of film I would like to base mine off of but I am leaning towards thriller/mystery, or a coming of age. Coming of age movies have always piqued my interest and I always admired the good feeling that they left in audiences after viewing the movie or clip. The thriller category is significantly different but I think it would be very fun to create and establish the mood. Creating the different lighting for the genre would be very cool to do, however I may face some difficulty since I do not have the equipment nor budget for professional lighting. There are ways I will be able to overcome this, for example, there are many homemade methods I could use like coloring tape with markers and placing it over the camera lens to create whatever color I desire.

With the current pandemic going on due to COVID-19 I believe I will face many obstacles in completing the project. Some concerns I have with this are concerning whether I will be able to get people to partake in my film, so I could have participating actors. This could be restricted because people may not feel comfortable because of the health concerns, I may have to be the only person in my film or come up with creative ways to overcome this issue if I need to incorporate other people for my film. I may be able to overcome this by using my siblings that are already living in this household with me, or people that I trust and are comfortable with participating. 

I look forward to continuing writing in this blog as I work on my portfolio to document my thoughts and tribulations I face during this!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stupid, Brave New Film Opening!

 The end of the journey of me creating this film opening has finally come to a close, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating...