Saturday, March 27, 2021

editing

 



     So now that we have all the shots for our film, it' just a matter of putting it all together! Emi, my partner sent from heaven, has been editing some of the scenes and trying to put them together smoothly and oh boyy have we been feeling the struggle! We've been editing separately because we wanted to keep meet-ups to a minimum because of, Covid yet again, but as amateur film makers, this is a little hard LOL.

     I know she's been using the DaVinci software to add layers and put the voiceovers and film pieces together. This type of film editor is highly acclaimed and many people have said that it's especially great for beginners. For this film opening we have to add in our background song, Bags by Clairo, and me talking over it, and my voiceover part over it. This can lead to some difficulty... Layering all these  different sounds and ensuring that it matches with the scene that it is paired with is obviously imperative, but also a bit harder to achieve than expected. 
         
        I have high confidence in my partner and believe that we will be able to figure it out and overcome each obstacle that is thrown our way. Editing is much more difficult than expected and one of the hardest part of the movie making process. I hope it pays off in the end and you guys enjoy the film opening once it's all pieced together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stupid, Brave New Film Opening!

 The end of the journey of me creating this film opening has finally come to a close, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating...