Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Planning to meetup!

 

    

    So me and my partner have been planning to meet up so we can finally film for our movie opening! We are planning to meet up and film at my house, we chose to film in my room because we wanted to be able to use my room for the film and my mom. As you can see in my previous posts we extended our script a bit to include voiceover and part for a mom to call the daughter downstairs and drive the daughter to school.

     Me and my partner both agreed on me playing the part of the main character that the film is centered on. I included my mom and had to introduce the idea that she was going to have to learn and say her lines, along with telling her that she would need to be filmed. This was quite an exciting thing for me to have to do because she is very much the type of person to be a bit to eager about getting to play any part in anything that includes getting recorded. My mom agreed to let us film in the house and agreed to play her small role while driving me to "school". 

    So we had our characters figured out, then we had to elaborate on materials and costumes we needed in order to shoot the scene. We needed a long mirror so we could show parts of the room to show the teenager's room, but also so we could show off the characters outfit, facial expressions, and dialogue. I was able to get a long mirror from my step sisters room and it is pretty portable so I was able to easily move it into my room and try out different angles to see where we would be able to shoot the scene from the best angles and ensure that the camera couldn't be seen. My partner and I agreed to meet up on the upcoming Thursday, since the timing worked out perfectly for the both of us that day.  So now we had, time, characters, and props and extra materials needed figured out.

    We lastly put the finishing touches on our thoughts pertaining to where we were going to shoot for our opening. We clearly had already figured out we were doing the beginning of the opening at my house in my room, but we had to then figure out where we were going to go because we had to shoot a shot of the character standing in front of a school. This was a difficult problem we were facing because it wasn't ensured that our usual high school, Cypress Bay, would be open to us on the outside because of the break coming up and COVID restrictions. But we decided that we wanted to still shoot there for our final scene of the opening, and if they did not allow us to then, we would film across the street in the front of the library and make it look like a school setting.

Can't wait to post again soon and possibly be talking about the filming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stupid, Brave New Film Opening!

 The end of the journey of me creating this film opening has finally come to a close, I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating...